Monday, August 17, 2009

Production Blog:The future of DP Production

I am a firm believer in the fact that you have to have a vision and a plan for your ministry. Even if God changes the direction from time to time if you keep goals ahead of you then you are always reaching for something and you don't become content with what you have done. These are my future plans for the Production ministry at DPC. These plans may not be the plans of the rest of the staff although I shared most of these with them. These plans may change as our relatively new church continues to take shape. Today I am going to talk about my short term goals. Maybe in a few weeks I will come back and share my long term goals for this ministry.





1. Better training material. I am (as I have said many times before) a terrible teacher. I am a doer and doers do they don't teach. On the other hand I do lead a ministry and leaders do teach. So how do I balance the two? I have not figured that our yet. What I do know is that I need to put together better training packets. We have some cool equipment and I would love to be able to hand some one a training packet so they will at least have some idea whats going on before they step into the booth for their first day of practice.



2. A new position: Camera Operator - There will be a need for a camera operator very soon for reasons I will discuss below



3. I want to begin to put together a plan to control over flow. In case you have not noticed our services get fuller and fuller. We want everyone to be able to be on the service comfortably. What happens if more people show up then we have seats for? The answer is to create an overflow space. A space out in the lobby where people can see and hear the service on TV's. This would also allow us to run the countdown in lobby so you would have a better idea when the service is to begin.


4. I want to set up a Live Internet Broadcast of our services! Yes I would like to stream our services live over the Internet. It is all about reaching as many people as possible and live streaming events is easier than ever. Plus it provides you a way to join our services even if you are sick or out of town!

5. Increase production volunteers. With the addition of a position soon and the possibility of increasing the number of service at DPC I need volunteers I have 8 and I probably will need 16 within the next 6 months. That's a lot of training!



Like I said these goals could change or the time tables could change. All I know is that is your not working towards something your standing still.
Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook
blog comments powered by Disqus