Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Top ten Tuesday a Day Late PC Utilities

Today is my Tuesday. Yesterday I spent the first part of my evening putting holes in my wall with Bobby Downing to find a leak and the rest of the night cleaning up the mess. So I did not have a lot of time or energy to post so I will try to post twice tonight (The Production Blog Coming Later).

I spend a lot of time working on Apple computers and I love them. People assume that I work on Macs all day long which is incorrect. I work on PCs all day long. I write programs, monitor systems and fix users computers. I don't think Apples are for everyone and I am not an Apple Elitist though some of my friends may tell you otherwise. I choose to use Apple for the church and in my personal life for a lot of reasons but not because I hate windows. In fact I really like windows 7 now if they could only do something with Explorer.

Here is a list of my my top 10 Favorite free Windows utilities to keep your computer clean and running fast in mo particular order.



Malware bytes- Malwarebytes has developed a variety of tools that can identify and remove malicious software from your computer. When your computer becomes infected, Malwarebytes can provide the needed assistance to remove the infection and restore the machine back to optimum performance.



Defraggler-My Favorite free defrag Program



CCleaner- CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware!

Key Finder- Finds Product key for most programs on your system



Recuva- Recover Lost and deleted files Easy with Recuva


ScanPST- Scans your PST OUtlook files for any issues (Comes free with Outlook)



Virtual Box- Allows you to have 2 different OS running on the Same computer



Win Audit- Flash Drive tool that allows you to pull tons of information of a computer.



Sumo- Keeps all of you apps Up-to-Date



Tree Size- Lets you see the the size of your file in a more productive way



trID File Identifier- Help you find out what different file extensions are and if they are harming your computer.
Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook

0 comments: