Friday, June 19, 2009

Social Networking and the Church- How to link Your Blog, Twitter and Facebook



I am going to get off topic today for a minute to explain how to link My Blog,
Facebook and Twitter. My friend David Collinsworth ask me how to do this yesterday and I thought it would make an interesting blog post. There are several ways to do this my way may or may not be the best way for you.

You will need

1. A blog with an
RSS feed

2. A facebook account

3. A twitter Account


Steps are as follows

1. Find the
RSS feed of your blog. I use blogger and run it thought feedburner (to keep up with my stats) but where to find your feed will very from site to site.

2. Go to Twitterfeed.com set up an account and then set up your feeds to be updated to twitter.

3. Twitter feed is cool tool that allows you to post all of your Blog post (or any other
RSS feed) to twitter. The tweet will include a link back to your Blog.

4. Go to
facebook and set up the Twiter app. Allow the twitter app to update your facebook page. Every time you tweet it will show up on your facebook stream.

5. You can also post from the twitter app within
Facebook to Twitter.

You can do only do a facebook to twitter conection or just a Blog to twitter connection it is totally up to you. There is also a blog app in facebook where you can link your blog directly to Facebook.

So please let me know if this was helpful at all. If you have any questions please feel free to leave a
comment I will answer as soon as possible I am considering doing a Q&A Post on Thursdays so if you have any questions leave a comment and I will consider them for a future post.
Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook

0 comments: