Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday- Search Sites


Every Tuesday I try to list my top 10 favorite things. I am going to try and be more useful with this portion of my blog. I am going to try and list things that I use that are helpful. So no more top ten favorite movies or TV shows just useful stuff from now on (I hope). Today is my top 10 favorite search sites. Some are specialized some are not.

10. Google Blog Search- Finds me new blogs to read or useful content on obscure blogs

9. Foodieview- Recipe Search engine that I love. Looking for a good recipe try them out.

8. Yahoo- My 3rd back up search engine.

7. Compfight- Flickr search tool that searches not only by content but by tags and other things. It helps me find the photos I need fast.

6. Digg.com- Packed full of interesting links to cool stuff. I can view what my Friends find interesting too, which is always fun!

5. Reddit- See Digg.com

4. Deliscious- See Reddit

3. Twitter- Really great search engine that hasn't got a lot of Press until now. There is a lot of current info on topics out on twitter and it is easy to find.

2. Bing- New kid on the block and despite it being a Microsoft project I really like it!

1. Google- Old Faithful. I know they want to take over the world blah blah blah, let them so far all they have done is made my web experience better.


Well there you have it. Please let me know if this was useful and what Top 10 list you would like to see!
Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook

1 comments:

Vincetastic said...

Hey Brad, this top ten list is fantastic. I haven't used Bing enough to really test out all the features, but I like what I've seen so far. I found you through Twitter and am now following you, we are @toptentopten. I read your Tweet and see from you blog that you create a top ten list every Tuesday. You can post this to our site http://www.toptentopten.com/ and link back to your site. We are trying to create a directory for top ten lists where people can find your site. The coolest feature is you can let other people vote on the rankings of your list.